cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating MOH Audio Files

OmniDigital1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer using CallManager 6.x that needs multiple MOH streams for different departments. Each stream will be updated at least once per month. When using multicast audio files for MOH is it possible to update an audio source file by simply dropping a new file of the same name into the audio translation directory (default 'DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere')? I found a post that indicates that this is the case. But in practice, it appears that while the new file gets translated and overwrites the old files in TFTPPath\MOH, the new audio source file will not begin to stream without additional Admin intervention. Is there a method that will update an MOH audio stream by only dropping the new audio file for translation?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere in linux appliances, that's for Windows.

In linux you need to do it all via the GUI to create new MOH files.

Also AFAIK it forcefully requires intervention after changing it regularly, there was a post of someone trying to change it once a week but he needed to update the MOH source on phones i believe. You can search netpro to find it.

Most probably no one thought while developing CUCM that someone would try to change it so often to provide this. I would recommend you to get in touch with your account team and open a PER.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks java. Yes after some extensive searching I did find a few posts describing a similar scenario but I didn't find a definitive answer. I appreciate your reply and recommendation.