cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updgrading call manager express to Unified version 8

shmoha0070
Level 1
Level 1

Hi what are he steps to configure an already configured call manger express to call manager 8

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll need to elaborate, do you want to call between the systems?? plenty of posts on that, just configure CME as  H323 in CUCM and the necessary VoIP dial-peers in CME.

Upgrade?? there's really no upgrade path between this systems. No tools to get the info from one to another.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Right, if you just want to upgrade CME then upgrade the IOS to desired version and replace all files, i.e. GUI, firmware, etc.

HTH,

Chris

Currenly they have Cme router With 100 users they ask me is it possible to upgrade it as Callmanager unified Version 8 with unity connection ....is there is any method to transfer files from cme Router to Mcs Server

No, you have to build it from scratch.  There is no conversion of any kind. Sorry.

HTH,

Chris

No, as I've already mentioned, there's no upgrade path nor method to get data from one to the other.

With just 100 users you can use auto-registration to get the phones configured with basic settings or use BAT.

The rest of the config you'll need to redo in CUCM.

HTH

java

HTH

java

So you mean i need to install same like a fresh installation ...

Yes, not to mention one runs on ISRs and the other one on MCS/UCS so they're completely different platforms and architectures.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok .Thankz ..what if i congured all in ucs server same like a new configuration ...whther it make any conflicts between cme config and ucs config

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shabeel,

I strongly suggest you hire a professional as this is not something you can just slap in without serious implications down the line, if you have never built such a deployment you are asking for trouble trying this on your own.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: