Replies

UPGRADATION WITHOUT DOWNTIME

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

:

Cisco Unified Communications Upgrade & Virtualization

:

we are looking forward to upgrade its existing Unified communications infrastructure based on Cisco on a virtualized environment. The current system is based on the following: i) Call Manager v8.5 ii) Cisco Presence v 8.5 iii) Cisco Contact Center Express v8.5 iv) Unity Connections v9. we are required to migrate systems i, ii & iii currently running on MCS hardware without downtime to the Virtual environment and upgrade it to the latest stable release of v10 and integrate i, ii, iii & iv. 

Is it possible to upgrade without downtime? what are the diffculties i will face while migrating?

which is the best & suitable way to migrate?

Help on this taks!!

20 Replies 20

Ayodeji,

How abt contact center migration?

Ayodeji,

Should i required PCD tool for this upgradation or i can upgrade directly from 8.6 to 10.5?

Which is the best practise?

PCD is a great tool. Yes it can be used for the upgrade and migration.

Please take some time to learn how to use it here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzG4kz1_hL4

You cant use PCD for contact center but you can use it for CUCM, unity and IM and P. The video will show you step by step how to use PCD.

For  contact center, please refer tothe upgrade guide and read through the documentation

Please rate all useful posts

As u mentioned i need to install standalone servers,how about upgrading redundancy servers!

I said install in a stand alone network. Install the new cluster in a non production network. This is because you will need to install the servers with the ip address of your current cluster and if you put it on a production network you will get ip address conflicts and bring down your cluster.

Please rate all useful posts

Yes, u can use PCD since u are migrating from MCS to VM HW.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118318-config-cucm-00.html

regds,

aman