cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade 4.2.3 to 6.1.2 License problem

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'am trying to get a valid License for at 6.1.2 box. This was an upgrade from 4.2.3. I have gone under system - Licensing - upload License - chose the licupgrade_6.1_Lic - view file.

I then copied this output and MAC to address below

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?FormId=806

It gets kicked back with the error 'You have entered invalid xml. Please contact customer support to get valid xml..

Any help would be appreciated thank

Jason

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

You may be hitting the note detailed in Step #2 below;

Step 1 After you complete the Cisco Unified Communications Manager upgrade process, navigate to Cisco Unified CallManager Administration and choose System > Licensing > License File Upload.

The License File Upload window displays.

Step 2 Choose the license XML file from the Existing Files drop-down list, and click View File. The window refreshes and displays the information for the selected license. Copy all of the information in this file except the HTML tags. To copy the contents on this window, choose the appropriate text and choose Ctrl-C (Copy).

Step 3 Navigate to the License Registration web tool at https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?FormId=806.

Step 4 Enter the MAC address of the Ethernet 0 NIC of the first node of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster.

Step 5 In the text box that is provided, paste the license file contents that you copied in Step 2 by using the appropriate keyboard shortcuts, such as Ctrl-V.

Step 6 Enter a valid e-mail address and click Continue. A license file generates.

The system sends the license file to you via e-mail using the e-mail address that you provided.

Step 7 You must upload the license file to the server with the matching MAC address that you provided in Step 4. See the "Uploading a License File" section.

Step 8 You can obtain licenses for new devices that you are adding to the upgraded system, if your system requires additional device license units.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/6_1_2/upgrd612.html#wp1495

Have a look at this great tip from Jason;

"when you capture the xml file for the DLUS etc after the upgrade so that you can post it on Cisco's web site, it might be wrapped in HTML. ie the first line and the last line are html, and the license utility will reject it. Remove the first and last line to resolve this."

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks very much I appreciate the help. I was sending the HTML along with XML.

In addition to the great info from Rob (as usual +5) make sure you have processed the PUT order from 4.2 to 6.x so you get the feature license to actually activate the CM service on the new cluster. The XML file will get you your nodes and DLU's, but not the UCM 6 feature license.

Thank you,

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: