cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade 7961 firmware

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

If I am upgrading 7941/7961 firmware to 8.33 by install the cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-3-3sr2.exe.

do I have to upgrade it on all the servers? if yes, any sequence, I have dedicated tftp, publisher, moh, subs

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Again CF,

If using the .exe yes. I beleive the order would be Pub,tftp then Subs. Have you thought of using the .zip and just loading the file on the tftp server?

Cisco IP Phone Model 7941/7961 Alternate Firmware format

The Cisco IP Phone Model 7941G/7961G Firmware version 8.3(3)SR2 is also supplied in a zip file, as an alternative in case a Cisco Unified CallManager is not available to run the executable installer program. The name of this file is cmterm-7941-7961-sccp.8-3-3SR2zip.

After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server.

http://download-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/ip-7900ser/cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-3-3SR2-readme.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to install it on all servers

TFTP

PUB

SUBs

I really don't think you need it installed in the MOH server if it's an MOH dedicated server which phones do not look for firmware

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for all your reply. But why I didn't see this cleared documented in the readme file? I saw DP installation readme stated need to install it in sequence as you listed, but firmware upgrade readme said nothing about this.

Hi CF,

These docs are sometimes as clear as mud :) Why don't you just use this method?

Cisco IP Phone Model 7941/7961 Alternate Firmware format

The Cisco IP Phone Model 7941G/7961G Firmware version 8.3(3)SR2 is also supplied in a zip file, as an alternative in case a Cisco Unified CallManager is not available to run the executable installer program. The name of this file is cmterm-7941-7961-sccp.8-3-3SR2zip.

After unzipping the firmware files, they should be manually copied to the appropriate directory on the TFTP server.

http://download-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/ip-7900ser/cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-3-3SR2-readme.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

The zip referenced above contains many more files than just the SCCP41.8-3-3SR2S.loads file. After uploading this file, I know that I point to this file in CallManager Administration->Device->Device Defaults page (for the appropriate phone models). I haven't read the entire readme referenced above, but do I need to reference the other files in the zip, and if so, where?

The problem I'm trying to shoot down is to get rid of the Intercom History listing in the Directories page on the phones (CUCM v5.1(3), phone load SIP41.8-3-2S). There is a Cisco bug number for this issue that I found yesterday in these forums, but I don't have it right now.

Hi Scott,

You do not need to reference these other files anywhere (they just need to be on the TFTP Server).

We just upgraded about 800 7941's and 7961's last week to a new firmware to get rid of the Intercom History as well. For SCCP the firmware was SCCP41.8-3-4 I beleive (I had to open a Tac Case to get it via special download) I'm not on site right now so I can't tell you the exact firmware, but see if 8.3.4 is available for download yet :)

CSCsk99117 Bug Details

Intercom History in Directory List when not needed

Symptom:

Intercom History available as an option in Directory when Intercom is not

provisioned for that particular phone, and when in versions of CallManager

prior to 6.

Conditions:

Phone Load 8.3(2) has been installed for 7941/61

Further Information

Intercom History is removed in phone load 8.3.3es3 and later. Contact TAC to

receive an engineering special version with this fix. Intercom History will

also be removed in the upcoming 8.3.4 release which will post to Cisco.com

Fixed-In

8.3(3.11)

8.3(3)ES3

8.4(0.36)

8.3(4.3)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Glad to have stumbled across this post. We recently had upgrade to UCM 5.1(3) from 5.1(2) and apparently a new phone load was included. It added options (4)Intercom History, (5) Phone book & (6) Speed dials to their 7921G phones. The client went ballistic siting that they should have been notified of the new features. Drama aside, I see only mention to 7941/61 loads ... should I assume it's the same for the 7921g?

Hey Brian,

Hope all is well (other than crazy clients :) Yes, generally all Device Firmware loads are changed during the upgrade process. If you look at the CCM Upgrade release notes they will show what Firmware versions the IP Phone models will be changed to during this process. You can always change the Device Defaults page to desired Firmware versions (like existing ones) before going live.

One of the by-products of upgrading ;-)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: