cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 7975G from sccp to sip

Yash Malvania
Level 1
Level 1

Hey i need to upgrade a 7975G phone from sccp to sip. please advice on how to proceed.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This has been asked quite often here, did you try searching?

Is the phone registered to any system, i.e. CUCM or CME?

Chris

yes i did look for it. i admit i should have added the conditions i am trying to update it under.

This is kind of a side project that i am working on and have limited access to hardware.

the hardware at my disposal are:

1. Cisco 7975G ip phone,

2. Catalyst 3750 48-port switch

3. Work Laptop which i intend to use as the tftp server

I donot have access to CUCM or CME and i looked up a video on youtube that changed the image from sccp to sip on a 7960G. i was wondering if i could do it in a similar way.

Here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=690-4S2CS5U

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I donot have access to CUCM or CME and i looked up a video on youtube that changed the image from sccp to sip on a 7960G.

The process to convert SCCP to SIP with the 79X0G is remotely possible.  However, yes, it is possible to convert 7975G to SIP. 

You need to configure DHCP Option 150.  You will need the following files:

1.  SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml - One of the lines here will specify the SIP version "adInformation70 model=”IP Phone 7975">SIP70.8-5-4S".

2.  XMLDefault.cnf.xml - You will need a line like this:

SIP70.8-5-4S

3.  Dialplan.xml - The easiest method is to use the following lines:

WARNING:  If you are NOT going to use a Cisco call server, like CUCM, CUE, etc., then I recommend you DO NOT USE any other firmware for the 7970G/7975G but 8.5.4. 

Thanks for the reply and the warning. can you help me out with one more thing? it would be great if you could give me a link to the exact procedure and the link to where i can find the xml files. i can then make changes accordingly.

thanks again.

it would be great if you could give me a link to the exact procedure and the link to where i can find the xml files.

You make them yourself using Notepad or similar.

This link is a good working example for your SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf which got my 7970G working.

For your Dialplan.xml, just copy the three lines I've posted above into a notepad and save it with the exact filename of "Dialplan.xml".

For the rest, go here.

Please do not forget to rate our useful posts. 

Yash,

Configuration example can be found here

Please do not forget to rate our useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: