Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade cisco 7961 phone firmware

Greetings,

First off let me say that I am using one phone as a test subject for the new firmware loadout before i push it out to all my 7961's (probally about 20 floating around). Because of this I am not using the .exe file that cisco provides, and rather will be using the .zip that has files itself.

I have located the files.

I know the path I need to update to on my publisher

C:\program files\cisco\tftppath

I also know I need to specify the specific phone loadout in CCM administrator under:

Firmware Load Information

Phone Load Name

The files that came with the zip were:

apps41.8-2-0-55.sbn

cnu41.8-2-0-55.sbn

cvm41sccp.8-2-0-55.sbn

dsp41.8-2-0-55.sbn

jar41sccp.8-2-0-55.sbn

SCCP41.8-2-1S.loads

term41.default.loads

term61.default.loads

Do I just place those in the tftp folder and specify the specific loadout on ccmadministrator thats it?

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Upgrade cisco 7961 phone firmware

yes, you are correct.

You want to test the new Load image first.

If you want to test the image first, here is the step:

1. Go to CCM webpage-->Device-->Phone

2. search your phone by number if you like

3. Under "Firmware Load Information (leave blank to use default)", put your new image name there, for example: term61.default.loads

4. After upgrade your phone and test is good.

5. You can push the image out, go to Device-->Device Setting-->Firmware Load Information, click Device Defaults Configuration at the top corner.

6. You can change the file base on the phone model you like.

7. After that, you have to reset the phone, in order to ask the phone go to TFTP server to get the new image.

Thanks

Please rate the helpful post.

Ken

Is there any way to maintain user selected settings through the firmware update?

Also. Do you realy want to update (overwrite) the termXX.Defaults file at this point or wait until testing is done. In case a new phone is added?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Russell,

We upgraded the Firmware on 400 7941G's and 7961G's the other night (to 8.2(1)) and the user settings like Ring Type and volume all carried through.

As far as overwriting the termXX.Defaults, you are correct that you shouldn't complete this step until you are ready to do the Bulk Phone upgrade/update. Just use the individual Firmware files applied on the Device/Phone page for your testing phase.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content