Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CM 6.1 to 7.1

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I find the following EoS announcement but it doen't give the part # of replacement. I have spent one hour on Cisco website and got nothing. Please help.

http://cisco.biz/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/end_of_life_notice_c51-582136.html

I am looking for the replacement for:

CM7.1-U-K9-7825=

CM7.1-U-K9-7835=

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

If you looked for an hour and can't find it I'd contact your local Cisco account team.

These are product numbers that are being phased out as part of Cisco's move to the newest licensing model called Cisco User Connect Licensing.  This is supposed to be a simplified approach to ordering upgrade kits that is based on the number of devices and analog units..  In other words, the product numbers referenced are server-specific upgrade kit SKU's that should technically be more generic under UCL (i.e., the upgrade kit SKU will not necessarily need a model-specific key, etc).  You should read up on Cisco User Connect Licensing on CCO and if you have additional questions (which the licensing is still the trickiest part of the Cisco UC business), then you should not hesitate to engage your partner or Cisco AM.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!