cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CM4.1(3) to 7.1(5) via DMA

lwai
Level 1
Level 1

I install DMA 6.1(3) in CM4.1(3), DMA works successfully, it can create a successful tar file for upgrade.

As I install CM6.1(3) on new server with the DMA tar file on MCS7835I3-K9-CMC2, it indicate the platform cannot support

the installation of CM6.1(3).

I try install the CM6.1(4) on the MCS7835I3-K9-CMC2., the same result. it indicate the platform cannot supportCM6.1(4).

But it works on CM7.1(3) installation.

Actually, the server is preload with CM7.1(5), it is very strange for me.

From the specification of MCS7835I3-K9-CMC2, it can support 6.1,7.1 and 8.0.

As I install DMA 7.1(5) on CM4.1(3) and start the DMA process, the result is failure, it indicate the export is failure and cannot be installed in CM7.1(5).

If it is successful in DAM 6.1(3), the same PC and data to be export.

The CM 4.1(3) is running 4,1(3)sr6, windows version is 2000.2.7 sr8. I needs to upgrade it to 7.1X version.

Can anyone help me to upgrade the CM4.1(3)?? Thanks in advance!

Michael.

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael

It's very common to get failed exports from DMA. Basically the rules that validate your data will have changed between versions 6 and 7.

Run DMA 7.1.5, and then post up the log files that it exports (both errors and warnings files).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

geo_sanoj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is common in 4.1.3 to 7.X upgrade.Even you upgrade some model of phones especially 7945,65,75 will not work with the load of 7.1.5.Reason behind this is there is long distance between 4.1.3 load and 7.1.5 load.Following path will be the right way to upgrade to 7.1.5

4.1.3 ----------------- 7.0.1a/2a----------7.1.3a.................7.1.5.

in mid of this upload some times you need to change the phone  loads to lower one available in CM TFTP to default load.If you required any more clarification or help pls feel free to contact my email id geo_sanoj@yahoo.com or request on the same forum.FYI your hardware is right for 7.1.5 this will not be suitable for some old versions of 6.x with out some spoofing.

Regards

George

Hi  George,

The errors after running 7.1(5) are listed below:

Do you know how to solve it?

Will the window version affect the DAM?

Thanks for any inputs in this case!!

Michael.

********************************************************************************
*                                                                              *
*          DATABASE MIGRATION ASSISTANT EXPORT & VALIDATION ERRORS             *
*                                                                              *
*          Name       : DMAErrors.log                                          *
*          Location   : C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\DMA                       *
*          Purpose    : This file contains all the errors found during the     *
*                       DMA export data and data validation phases.  These     *
*                       errors must be reviewed and fixed in the Windows 4.x   *
*                       system before re-running DMA export again. These       *
*                       errors must be resolved.                               *
*          Version    : 7.1(5)                                                 *
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:18:12 PM                                   *
********************************************************************************
*          The following section displays errors found during
*          DMA Frame Work.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:18:12 PM
*          CallManager database export.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:18:27 PM
*          End of errors found during CallManager database export.
*          CallManager database export.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:36:12 PM
*          directories export.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:36:12 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Script DirExport.pl v2 executed at 08/06/2010  12:36:16
*          End of errors found during directories export.
*          directories export.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:38:34 PM
*          CAR export.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:38:47 PM
*          End of errors found during CAR export.
*          CAR export.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:39:08 PM
*          CallManager database validation.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:39:11 PM

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT: 
Sorry.  Unable to parse and identify error number.  Raw Message follows:
08/06/2010 12:46:42.127 installdb|   installFull *ERROR* Prior Cancel or Error Processing installSql (c:\tmp\db\sql\dbfuncs_win.sql)|

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT: 
Sorry.  Unable to parse and identify error number.  Raw Message follows:
08/06/2010 12:48:16.317 installdb|   installFull *ERROR* Prior Cancel or Error Processing installSql (c:\tmp\db\sql\makedb.sql)|

The error number is:  [-908]
The error message is:  [-908 Attempt to connect to database server (servername) failed.
]
Sorry.  Unable to parse and format record info from log message.  Raw Message follows:
  [08/06/2010 12:49:40.319 installdb|   validateDB *ERROR* SQL Exception [0xfffffc74] [Failed to connect to datasource: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Unspecified System Error =  -908. sqlerrm(ccm)]|

]
*          End of errors found during CallManager database validation.
*          CallManager database validation.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:49:52 PM
*          End of errors found during DMA Frame Work.
*          DMA Frame Work.
*          Date/Time  : 08-06-10/12:50:09 PM

try the following from the document:

In order to resolve this issue, stop the Informix Server Discovery process
for SNMP after you restart the Publisher server. If this service is stopped
before you start the DMA , the Informix IDS - ccm service continues to run,
and the migration is successful.

Another solution is to change the Informix Server Discovery process for SNMP
service to manual, and let the Informix IDS - ccm remain as automatic. After
which, restart the server, and then re-run the DMA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f3307.sh
tml#infopblm

Try the workaround, it should work.

Regards
Kunal

Thanks! I'll try the way you listed and will update the result on next wek.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Kuanl,

It works for me! I can install it on new server, thanks!!

Michael.

cool!

thanks for keeping us posted.

Regards

kunal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: