Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CME 3.2 to 4.0

rv_viji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I want to upgrade my CCME from 3.2 to 4.0, what would be the procedure???.... is it the same like we upgrade IOS on the router ??...

Also will CCME 4.0 support SIP phones ???

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is only IOS upgrade plus the GUI files if you use it.

For third party SIP phones just configure username and password under voice register pool to be the same as in the phone. The required mac address does not matter and can be all zeros.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What router do you have? Have you checked ram and flash required for CCME 4.0 / IOS 12.4(11)T ?

Third-party SIP phones are not offically supported, but known to work.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I have Cisco 2851 router and yes I checked the RAM and falsh required for CCME 4.0...

My question is that is there any procedure for upgrading the CCME or similar to the IOS upgradtion on router...

Any steps you can provide for configuring the SIP phones, if you have done so...

Regards

It is only IOS upgrade plus the GUI files if you use it.

For third party SIP phones just configure username and password under voice register pool to be the same as in the phone. The required mac address does not matter and can be all zeros.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: