Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

upgrade firmware for phones in CUCM

Hi all, Im trying to find the place where I would go upgrade the firmware for the phones registered to CUCM 6.x system. Ive downloaded a device pack, but I cant seem to find where to put it. Anyone know how to get there? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: upgrade firmware for phones in CUCM

Hi John,

Hope things are going well for you :)

This is done via OS Admin>Software Upgrades

Software Upgrades

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use the Software Upgrades options to perform the following types of installations and upgrades:

•Install/Upgrade-Use this option to upgrade the application software, install Cisco Unified Communications Manager Locale Installers and dial plans, and upload and install device packs, phone firmware loads, and other COP files.

•TFTP File Management-Use this option to upload various device files for use by the phones to the TFTP server. The TFTP server files that you can upload include custom phone rings, callback tones, and phone backgrounds.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi John,

Hope things are going well for you :)

This is done via OS Admin>Software Upgrades

Software Upgrades

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use the Software Upgrades options to perform the following types of installations and upgrades:

•Install/Upgrade-Use this option to upgrade the application software, install Cisco Unified Communications Manager Locale Installers and dial plans, and upload and install device packs, phone firmware loads, and other COP files.

•TFTP File Management-Use this option to upload various device files for use by the phones to the TFTP server. The TFTP server files that you can upload include custom phone rings, callback tones, and phone backgrounds.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Community Member

Thanks for the help and guidance. I appreciate it.

Silver

I also need to download a new dev pack but could not locate it on CCO any pointers on where in cco - I could before but not now . I could see the individual phone loads but not the complete dev pack thanks

Cisco Employee

Hope the link does not break:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ReleaseType.x?optPlat=&isPlatform=Y&mdfid=280968161&sftType=Unified+Communications+Manager%2FCallManager+Device+Packages&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&modelName=Cisco+Unified+Communications+Mana...

if it breaks go to download page and follow this path:

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 6.0 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content