Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade from 6.0.1 to 6.1.2

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, trying to upgrade.

i.e. I go to OS Management on the browser, select upgrade, select DVD and / for the root, then NEXT.

It identifies the file, I select NEXT, then it comes back with the following:

[/usr/bin/sudo/usr/local/bib/base_scripts/upgrade_validate_file.shmethod=localsource_dir=/file_name=UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso] did not generate the appropraite result file.

now I did do the md5sum on the file and got the desired result, so i've no idea why it doesn't appear to like this.

Any ideas out there?

ta

Grant

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Grant, did you merge the two ISO files and compare the md5 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi Sankar,

yes I downloaded both files then merged then ran the md5sum utility, got the right checksum.

I was wondering, when I downloaded the file I did it on a windows pc and ran the merge on it, then the md5sum and burned a dvd. however the servers are Linux. I assumed this shouldn't make any difference as its only a lump of data thats being merged, shouldn't matter what os is doing the merging, right?

I have had issues with merging files before. the md5 of individual files will match, but after combining, it wont match at all. I dont think the windows/linux issue matters, but the last time i did a 6.0 to 6.1 upgrade, i had to run it via CLI.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Found out what is was, I hadn't burned the image as an iso onto the disc, i'd done it just as a lump of data. Once burned as iso worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: