Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Upgrade from CUCMBE to CUCM

Hello,

I have a customer with a business edition. They want to move from that to a full UCM. The technical process is not really an issue, but from a licensing perspective I'd like confirmation or shared experience.

Can I just use the 9+3 promotion for both the UCM and CUC users and buy new hardware to do this?

Thank in advance!

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Re: Upgrade from CUCMBE to CUCM

Bit more info, they have a CUCMBE 8.x install WITH a UCSS already. So this should be a migration from CUCMBE only. I'd suspect new hardware would be required, but are the CUCMBE licenses transferable?

edit: The UCSS has expired actually, so my original comment stands...

Hall of Fame Super Red

Upgrade from CUCMBE to CUCM

Hi Dave,

We have not done this migration, but here are two docs that indicate "full" support

for License migration

To migrate from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition to  separate Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity  Connection environments, follow the steps in Table 7:

Table 7

Task
For More Information

Step 1 

Order a single migration SKU (CUCM-BE-MIG). The migration SKU ships with  software install media that is required to install Cisco Unified  Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection. The SKU provides a  node license for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager and enables  you to migrate the DLUs to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

For ordering information, refer to the Cisco Unified Communications Solutions Ordering Guide. To access the guide, go to www.cisco.com/go/unified-techinfo, choose the appropriate solution release version, choose the Resource Library tab, choose the Ordering Guides link, and choose Ordering Guide Cisco Unified Communications Management Solutions.

Step 2 

Rehost all device licenses in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager environment by sending a request to licensing@cisco.com. You must include the MAC address and proof of purchase of your devices.

Step 3 

Obtain a new server for Cisco Unity Connection.

Step 4 

Rehost all voice-messaging and advanced user licenses by sending an email to licensing@cisco.com. You must include the MAC address and proof of purchase of the server on which you plan to install Cisco Unity Connection.

Step 5 

Install Cisco Unified Communications Manager on the MCS-7828 server.

Make sure to read this document and the related release notes before beginning the installation.

Step 6 

Install Cisco Unity Connection on a new server.

Refer to the Installation Guide for Unity Connection that is located at the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_installation_guides_list.html.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_1_2/install/cmins712.html#wp486077

Ordering Information

The  Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition offering is for  new installations only. However, a migration path is supported that  provides investment protection to a standalone enterprise-class  deployment of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity  Connection for a business that grows beyond the 500-user capacity of  Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7273/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e6985.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Re: Upgrade from CUCMBE to CUCM

Thanks for this Rob, I've seen that article already, but the CUCM-BE-MIG part code is EoL! The announcement says to use the CUCM-USR-LIC standard part, but I can't see in there a migration SKU from BE to standard

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content