cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Gateways Cisco 3825

ojcb23234
Level 1
Level 1

I detect an echo problem in my voice network and after the TAC's diagnosis, they suggested me to upgrade the IOS version of my 2 Cisco Gateways 3825 because the dsp firmware was too old (4.4.708) and have echo problems. The older IOS version is 12.3(14)T7 and is in deffered state, they suggested me to upgrade my gateways to the 12.4(21) version which bring a new firmware. After the change I find that the new dsp firmware version is 4.4.29 and according to the evidence some echo troubles have been corrected. But I have a question, if the new dsp firmware version is apparently older than the initial one, does that new version have old already corrected caveats that I have to keep in mind? Should I look for another IOS version? Thanks for your answer.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Oscar,

That DSP Version doesn't sound good to me.

We used to have some really bad intermittent Echo problems that were completely eliminated by going to IOS 12.4(15T1). I am pretty sure we were at 12.4(11) if my feeble mind can remember. The DSP version with 12.4(15)T1 is 9.4.0

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: