Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade phones firmware callmanager 7.1.3

gevangelista
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I need to upgrade the 3911 phone firmware on the callmanager 7.1.3.

About this I've one question:

I'm trying to load the new firmware cmterm-3911_3951-sip.8-1-4a.cop.sgn via SFTP or DVD.

After download the old firmware will be automatically deleted or not?

I'ts important for me to have always the old file because the new firmware is being suggested by cisco engineer to  solve one little problem and I want the possibility to turn go back to old release in case of failure.

Thanks in advance

Giancarlo

1 Reply 1

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Giancarlo,

No the old phone load will still exist, just make sure that you take note of the settings under 'Device', 'Device Settings', 'Device Defaults'.

This tells the phones what file they should use when they boot up. If you install the new fireware file it will update this setting, meaning phones will start to use the new firmware automatically after a reboot!

If you want to use the old firmware simply change the setting back to the old phone load name after installing the upgrade. You can then change the phone load for a specific phone on it's device page and test if it solves your issue before upgrading all your phones!

Hope that helps

Matty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: