Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CM to 6.1(1a)....Question for Unity side after CM upgrade

ciscocm001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of upgrading our CM 4.1 system to 6.1. Everything's going well and should be ready for deployment. Quick question about the Unity 5.0 side (Unified Messaging with Exchange 2008). From my understanding, I need to verify the TSP is correct for CM 6.1 (which I already did) and then once I am on the new CM, just use Unity Tools Depot and reperform the Telephone Integration Manager. I intend to remove the old integration and add the new Integration. Is there anything else that I am missing?

Thanks again for your help.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, you need to add the Unity server as an application server to allow the communication with CUCM.

CUCM in 5.x and 6.x releases won't allow any incoming communication from non-declared servers.

i believe there is no unity 5.x when you get the options for the applications servers but i just did this in my lab with a CUCM 6.0 and used the unity 4.x option and it worked just fine. the rest of the integration was like any other version, i used the port wizard and did the usual integration in the UTIM and got it to work just fine

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you upgraded from CM4.1 to CM 6.1, and used DMA, you will have used the same IP address. Unity will automatically connect back to CM6. You may need to restart Unit services to reconnect the ports, but it's been fairly automatic.

If you change the IP address then you need to a new integration.

Thank you both for your help.

Yes, I did use DMA to perform the upgrade (with the same IP address).

If that's the case, I do not need to add the application server (on the CM side) or redo the telephony integration (Unity Tools Depot)?

Thanks again for the help.

Just update the TSPs on Unity, reboot. (required) Load up your new CM6 server and Unity will auto reconnect. Why? Because it is still using Skinny to connect to CM. This does not change. And the IP Addresses have not changed. In CM, your Voicemail port setup has not change either. (DMA brought it over)

hope this helps

oh one more thing. You will need to re-run the MWI sync. This will sync all the lights after you have CM6 up and running. And of course, test out Unity, leaving messages, retrieving, message buttons on the phones, etc.

One last question I forgot about.

The superuser password for the CM administration was changed from 4.1 to 6.1.

Should I worry about the Unity Integration b/c of the password change?

Thanks again. Your posts have been extremely helpful.

Unity has it's own username/passwords. They are not connected for authentication purposes.

Your passwords on CUCM are:

OS Admin username/password

CCMadministrator username/password.

Unity uses it's own AD username/passwords.

unityadmin

unityinstall

unitymsgstrsvc

unitydirsvc

glad I could help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: