cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from CM 4.1(3) to 4.2(3)

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

I am planning on upgrading my CMs from 4.1(3) to 4.2(3). Has anyone done this in their envrionment? Any caveats I should be aware of before performing this upgrade? What is the recommended OS version for 4.2(3)?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

tcieslinski
Level 1
Level 1

Minimu OS is: OS 2000.4.2sr10 to upgrade. The upgrade program for Cisco Unified Communications operating system version 2000.4.2 Service Release 10 is win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-2sr10.exe

Check everything in Cisco Unified CallManager Compatibility Matrix.

Best Regards,

ptredway
Level 1
Level 1

Just something to be careful of here. I'm still of the mindset that you should only go to CCM 4.2 if there's a specific feature you need.

I'm not saying this due to instability or anything like that...rather the lack of upgrade support at this time. If you have any anticipations of going to CCM 5.0 or 5.1, there is no upgrade path (nor will there be) from CCM 4.2.

Your first upgrade path off of that train will be with CCM 6.0 which won't FCS until around May/June '07.

This may or may not affect you...just something to think about.

foster
Level 1
Level 1

I guess, It may be purchasing.

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I did an upgrade from 4.1(3) to 4.2(1) and there were a number of problems with the communications between CallManagers.

TAC came in and helped me correct a number of things.

- Resync of DC Directory

- Adding DBConnection parameters in the registry and SQL's ProcessConfig Table.

- Added a missing field into the SQL database.

TAC realised all these when I had a lot of errors in the Event Viewer. So monitor the event viewer closely.

If you have RAID harddisks, remember to pull one out before the upgrades. We had to redo the upgrade, thank god we had RAID harddisks.

Cheers!

Happy Upgrading!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: