cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading licesnses

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

We have two MCS-7825-H2 servers we are planning to upgrade  CUCM  from the version 6 to 9 and 7 to 9,since Version 10 supports on virtualization,we cannot go for major hardware changes,technically i gone through some doccuments

My queries are When i upgrading to Latest version do i need to buy a new licenses or i can migrate existing licenses,if it is migrating old licenses what are the procedure i need to follow?

Do i need to order  services or any support,suggest me on this,only concern is i am planning to upgrade the ram to support compatibility of the version is there any major issue i will face during upgrade.

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

7825H2 does not support CUCM 9 .

you can check H/W compatibility matrix

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/7800-series-media-convergence-servers/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

You also need to have UCSS /ESWcontract if u are doing major upgrades.

If u do not have that, u need to order Migration licenses.

regds,

aman

Aman its 7825H3 

I checked , it is supported

regds,

aman

S Aman i also gone through early its supporting,i just need to upgrade the ram to 4gb, we dont have  UCSS /ESWcontract,so in this case we cannot migrate licenses from old cucm?

u need to upgrade the DRAM.

If u do not have contract, then, u need to order migration licenses as per users.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: