cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent help needed

jerryeguru
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2960 Gigabit ethernet (WS-C2960G-24TC-L) switch that connects to catalyst 2960 series switches (WS-C2960-8TC). I also have a Cisco Aironet 1230AG Wireless Access Point that will connect the IP phones to the WS-C2960-8TCn switch.

diagram:

2821 router--conects to--WS-C2960G-24TC-L--conects to--WS-C2960-8TC--conects to--Aironet 1230AG Wireless Access Point--conects to--IP phone--conects to--PC

My callmanager is connected to the WS-C2960G-24TC-L switch.

I am thinking of configuring VoWLAN how do i find the guides for these?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

To deploy a WLAN that is voice-services-ready, one must anticipate voice clients' mobile nature and the minimum expectation that calls will not get dropped as users roam across a building or campus. This means that the network must be deployed, with continuous coverage in areas where voice services are planned. The Cisco Unified Wireless Network provides an extensive product line that satisfies the requirements for coverage areas, ranging from just a floor of a building to complete campus coverage, both indoors and outdoors. Areas such as main lobbies, employee entrance areas, parking garages/lots, courtyards, cafeterias and break/copy/supply/storage/cage rooms will need WLAN coverage when voice clients are deployed on the campus. Additional consideration should be given to providing coverage in stairwells, walkways, and elevators, since these are areas where it is reasonable to conduct a business conversation.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns348/networking_solutions_white_paper0900aecd804f1a46.shtml

thank you sadbulali for the guide, i found it very helpful. However, i m wondering if i can find a configuration guide for VoWLAN and that would help indeed, thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: