cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent - Incorrect time on all phones - CME

mark_gardner
Level 1
Level 1

Last night BST changed and the clocks should of went forward by 1 hour, all ip phones on the system are still behind by one hour, checking the router the time is set correctly it has recognised BST it is setup as NTP master and peered with CUE, CUE also shows the correct time, restarting or reloading phones does not work - CUE ver 2.3.4 CME ver 4.0(3)

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark, can be an issue with the phone loads.

Please check:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_field_notice09186a00807e9632.shtml

Hope this is helpful, please rate all useful posts!

Hi paolo

Thanks for the quick response..

I have upgraded all the phones to the new firmware and rebooted several still showing incorrect time, router is showing correct time, cue is showing correct time, cue is synched up with ntp master which is the router.

The only thing I havent done is reload cue or rebooted the router

Any suggestions ?

Mark

Not sure. Certainly this DST thing is turning molest and I've read of at least one more bug fix (CSCsh12444) waiting be released in the phone firmware.

One thing you can do without reloading the router, safe config to file, configure "no telephony-service", wait a moment then configure / paste it back again. But if you have a quiet moment oin which you reload the router, try that as well.

Hi Mark,

Did you get this sorted?

An easier fix, rather than removing the telephony-service config, could be to recreate the cnf-files and then reset the phones.

You can recreate the cnf-files using the command in the telephony service, or by reloading CME (drastic but it works).

I have a customer that had the same issue and this recreation was the fix. Other customers seem to be fine.

Glenn

Yes... create cnf while synced to NTP should help ...

It is as you say Glenn. Some systems/phones are on OK while others are not.

But as a consolation, my PC failed to apply DST here. And I did not set my cellphone neither (wonder why GSM doesn't do that).

Yesterday my colleague and I showed at appointments one hour off without realizing that. And skipped dinner because food places were closed.

Ah the worries of DST - I think a bit like some does - it's a wasted effort.

Off-topic.

You'll get used to DST, we've 'always' (1916) had it here in the UK.

I'm already starting to worry about changing back in October with the current set of customers that I have. Maybe this incident will teach them that they need an NTP server!

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: