cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

US CME to UK CME

wplantier
Level 1
Level 1

I inherited a CME in London and just installed one here in the US. I have extension to extension call working, now I am trying to configure the US CME to be able to make regular calls through the London CME via our VPN. I am looking for an example config to do this.

Thanks.

21 Replies 21

Hi, don't know if your translation worked or not but one of the ways around this is on the UK end create a voice translation profile that 'translates' your calling US extension to have type and plan unknown.

In the following example assume that the US extensions are in the 1... range:

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /1.../ // type any unknown plan unknown unknown

voice translation-profile OUTBOUND

translate calling 4

dial-peer voice $$$ pots

translation-profile outgoing OUTBOUND

This has worked for me in the past when US callers are using TEHO through the UK.

Hope it helps.

Would that go on the UK side

I tried that and I still get a long deep tone.

If I`m right from the US you send all the digits to the UK and then the UK translates it?

It seems you have a UK translation which is any number with a type internatuional add prefix 900, or national add 90 so you end up with a number of 900901144..... or 9090...... ???????????????

Also the Dial-peer

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 90114420........

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits 10

!

will not work either as you are sending 20XXXXXXXX when you should be sendin a prefix of 0

prefix 0

forward-digits 10

so you now send 020XXXXXXX

Depending on where you wish to do the translations my choice is the sending the switch

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^901144\(*\)/ /90\1/ TYPE UNKNOWN INTERNATIONAL PLAN UNKNOWN NATIONAL ISDN

!

This changes the number from US international to UK with national - normally ok if not change it to unknown as well

!

voice translation-profile US to UK

translated called 1

dial-peer voice 11 voip

translation-profile incoming US to UK

session target IP4V X.X.X.X

This goes on the UK side right.

did my suggestions work ?

Yes thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: