Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

Usability of 9900 IP phones, during a firmware upgarde??

Hi Experts

Can we continue to use the 9900 series IP phones, during a firmware upgarde or is it rendered useless till the time it is upgarding/downgrading its firmware. I have heard we can use these phones(for call) during a firmware upgarde.Am i right??

Also besides the Traditional TFTP upgardes what are the other methods(if there are any) to upgarde the firmwares on the phones??

Thanks

Tapan

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Usability of 9900 IP phones, during a firmware upgarde??

tdutt wrote:

Hi Experts

Can we continue to use the 9900 series IP phones, during a firmware upgarde or is it rendered useless till the time it is upgarding/downgrading its firmware. I have heard we can use these phones(for call) during a firmware upgarde.Am i right??

Also besides the Traditional TFTP upgardes what are the other methods(if there are any) to upgarde the firmwares on the phones??

Thanks

Tapan

Since it appears you are a Cisco employee, I would recommend you first read documentation and the many internal resources avaiualble to you, before asking questions on a customer's forum.

This is not to give to the casual reader, the wrong impression about the preparation and organization of knowledge withing Cisco.

Cisco Employee

Re: Usability of 9900 IP phones, during a firmware upgarde??

Hi

Was just curious and excited to know the fact, well found the document in case some-one looking for answers.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps6884/white_paper_c11-583891_ps10453_Products_White_Paper.html

Thanks

Tapan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content