Views
Helpful
Replies

Usage of calling party transformation mask and prefixing digits

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi All,

Please can someone explain the below concept which is used on a particular route pattern.

the calling party transformation settings contain that it should use calling party's external phone number  mask  which will be used while calling any number on the route pattern.

Moreover it has prefix digits 123 as well so i m confused which setting will take effect or its both.

Thanks         

10 Replies 10

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Mahmood

1-Dialing transformations allow the call-routing component to modify either the calling (initiator) or called (destination) digits of a call. Transformations that modify the calling number (automatic number identification [ANI]) are calling party transformations; transformations that modify the called party (dialed digits) are called party transformations. Dialed Number Identification System (DNIS) is a public standard implemented in the PSTN for modifying called party numbers.

Example

http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/chap11_9781587204180/elementLinks/cm421109.jpg

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Hi Kamal,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand how transformations work but my question is in the above setup how the settings will impact the outgoing calls.

Thanks

Hi

If you have DID number , you dial from 4500 and for example you dial 911 . In route pattern , you will check calling party . So when the called number 911 matched , your calling party will match the 4500 with your transformation mask , then the calling number will be 8086236000 as i mentioned above. Please let me know , if you have further questions.

Thank you

Hi

Look on your phone line configuration . you will find down some thing called external phone number mask. In

external phone number mask you can put your fully DID number , for example (+14082022001). As we discussed before , we have many variations for calling number as (7 digits for local , 10 digits for national , etc..) , on route pattern for local number as 9.[2-9]XXXXXX , you need to match from your DID number +14082022001 , only 7 digits to be 2022001 to can dial local number , so on route pattern for local calls , you have to check use calling party (this will match your external phone number mask which you configured on your phone line) ,an on calling party transformation mask (XXXXXXX) means match only 7 digits from right to left , so the output :

+14082022001

XXXXXXX

---------------------

so when dial local number ,your calling number will be 2022001.

Thank you

Hi Kamal,

Please i am still confused.may be i am not putting this in a correct way.Let me put it like this.

Let say i have a internal extension 1234 with a external phone mask of 1234 and lets say i have a route pattern for local access 9.3XXXXXX and on this route pattern i am specifing to user external phone mask of the calling party and in the bottom option i am specifying 456 as prefix digits.

So i need to understand when the local route pattern is dailed from 1234 the mask will remain as 1234 and this will be prefixed with 456 so the number becomes 4561234 and presented to the gateway.

Is the above understanding is correct or please correct me.

Regards

Hi

In your strange scinario , you select the both ( mask + prefix) , so the result will be as you mentioned.Look on the mask , you have to put XXXX (to match 1234).

Mask:XXXX =1234

Prefix:456=4561234

Thank you

Hi Kamal,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i have taken over a IPT setup and many things are configured which doesnt make good sense to me with my limited knowledge in IPT.

Moreover to the above question what will be the impact when the use calling partys external phone mask and prefix digits option is checked and there is no external phone number mask configured on the line.

Thanks

Hi Mahmood,

When you select "Use Calling Party's Expernal Phone Number Mask" then the Line's External Phone Number Mask would take effect and the CUCM will not prefix any digits..

Mohsin..

Hi Mohsin,

I have checked this through DNA without having the external phone mask on the line of the phone and when the call is made this phone to the route pattern i see that the didigits are prefixed and the extension is carried as default calling party mask.

Please confrim.

Thanks

Mahmood,

If the extension doesnt have external phone number mask configured then the line number will be sent. Thats how the CUCM is configured.

Mohsin

Please rate if it helps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: