cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use line 2 automatically when pressing Messages Button

lhillu
Level 1
Level 1

I have users with two lines on their phones. Line 1 is an agent line with no VM, and line 2 is their DID line. I am trying to find a way to have Line 2 selected whenever the messages button on the phone is pressed.

I have found the following service parameter: Always Use Prime Line for Voice Message. If this is true, it will always choose line 1 (which I don't want). If this is false, (which it is), the description says that it will choose a line that has a voicemail.

I have some users reporting that when they press the messages button, it doesn't do anything (because I disabled it for line 1). Other users report that when they press the messages button, it automatically selects line 2 and works as expected, going to Unity. My guess is that those users have voicemail (MWI?) on line 2 of their phone, so it chooses that line for them.

It always works if they select line 2 first, then press the messages button (which is how they were trained to do it).

Is there a way to have it always select line 2 when pressing the messages button?

5 Replies 5

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

Would putting the DID line as their first line and move the agent line to the secondary work for you?

It would, but the customer does not want to do that. The people using their phones are agents in a call center, and the customer wants the agent to be able to use CAD or the phone without having to bother to choose line 2 if they use the phone for business calls.

The customer was given the pro's and con's of having the DID as line 2 (and I had this listed as a con), and accepted it at the time of the design phase.

I think i have the similar situation, and i was advised, this is coming in CM 6.0 version.

I am interested in seeing more posts on this

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Loren,

What you have discovered is the expected behaviour for "Always Use Prime Line for Voice Message". This feature will only select Line 2 or others if there is an actual Voicemail Message waiting (with flashing VM Icon) on the secondary lines. There is no way around this restriction other than re-arranging the Line configuration on the phone :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for your response. That's what I had suspected based on testing and the description of the service parameter, but was hoping I was missing something. so be it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: