cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use of BLF Speed Dial only for monitoring

fpiccioni
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 8.6.2a. IP Phones have configured some BLF Speed Dial.

I have been asked if possible to use the BLF Speed Dial only for monitoring busy line and not to make call. Is there a way?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes and No.

ON the BLF button (in phone configuration) itself you cannot assign a CSS or otherwise prevent call from being made with the BLF and just use it for presence status.

The only way to do it is prevent calls from being made from a particular BLF extension by means of partitions/CSS, in which case you cant call those number from the phones, period. Which is probably not desired either.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

Unforunatellty there is no as BLF severs 2 purposes, line status presence and speed dial to the monitored DN. As far as I know there is no way to disable the latter.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes and No.

ON the BLF button (in phone configuration) itself you cannot assign a CSS or otherwise prevent call from being made with the BLF and just use it for presence status.

The only way to do it is prevent calls from being made from a particular BLF extension by means of partitions/CSS, in which case you cant call those number from the phones, period. Which is probably not desired either.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis

thanks for answer.

When BLF/SD is pressed, users hear the recorded voice from CUCM saying the call cannot be completed because configured partition/CSS does not allow it.

My question actually is: Is there way to prohibit calling at all? I searched in CUCM doc and I haven't found any hint.

Unforunatellty there is no as BLF severs 2 purposes, line status presence and speed dial to the monitored DN. As far as I know there is no way to disable the latter.

Chris

Thanks for helping

Fulvio

no problem, let us know if you need anything further, otherwise please mark the question as answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: