cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use of "call fallback act" to control participating dialpeers

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VGW (CUBE) that uses SIP/H323 dial-peers for SIP PSTN calls to/from CallManager (H323). I also am using H323 dialpeers pointing towards backup POTS ports in case the SIP/MPLS connect goes down, and SRST kicks in.

So someone clued me into the "call fallback act" global command with the "monitor probe imcp-ping" dialpeer command. so with the dialpeer's probe responses are received, the dialpeer is active (SIP dialpeers use this and probe the carrier SIP switch). When I show dialpeer, it shows probe received and dialpeer active; however, calls are not processed. If I take the "call fallback active" command off, calls work via SIP dialpeers. One thing I noticed during a debug ccapi while fallback was active was intermittent messages indicating 100% loss (of probe):

Feb 24 02:53:06.581: //-1/B1E7F783A648/CCAPI/g113_calculate_impairment:

(delay=2147483647(ms), loss=100%), Io=0 Iq=0 Idte=0 Idd=70 Ie=23 Itot=93

Feb 24 02:53:25.662: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/ccAppShutdownMode:

ccAppShutdownMode: remove it from the queueack act

Feb 24 02:53:36.582: //-1/B1E7F783A648/CCAPI/g113_calculate_impairment:

(delay=2147483647(ms), loss=100%), Io=0 Iq=0 Idte=0 Idd=70 Ie=23 Itot=93 ?

cache

router#sho call fallback stats

VoIP Fallback Statistics:

Fallback Mode : Active

Total accepted calls: 0

Total rejected calls: 135

Total cache overflows: 0

Any ideas? Am I using this command in the wrong context?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Do you have 'call fallback active' on the voice service voip level or on the dial peer level? If using the former, remove it and try the latter.

-nick

Nick,

I first tried to enter it under the dial-peer (that had the monitor probe configured) for when the WAN was up, and it did not appear as a command option. So I ended up putting it at the "global" setting. I did NOT try under voice service voip. Perhaps I'll try those two (again) tonight.

Thanks- I'll let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: