Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

user device profile change

Hi,

I have a UDP created by 7911 phone type for 400 users, now we are changing the phones to 6945,

User will able to login (EM) without issues but  the problem is in 6945 phones but they will not get the additional "4" lines becz their UDP was created by 7911,

If i want to change the UDP type from 7911 to 6945 without changing the user setting is there any way

OR

the only way is i have to export all UDP and their recreate a BAT file according to the exisitng setting of the users on the line and import in CUCM.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Unfortunately, there is no

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this..You will have to recreate the UDP(s) based on 6945 model.  There is no extension mobility equivalency between 7911 and 6945

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
6 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Unfortunately, there is no

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this..You will have to recreate the UDP(s) based on 6945 model.  There is no extension mobility equivalency between 7911 and 6945

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

thanks for the reply, 1

thanks for the reply,

1 question,

i will create a BAT with Device profile name, route partition,directory number, same as 7911 UDP when the route partition,directory are same as the existing UDP all setting of LINE (voice mail, call forward, pick group,etc,etc ) will automatically come on 6945 UDP LINE

Please correct me if i m wrong

VIP Super Bronze

Yes that is correct. Make

Yes that is correct. Make sure the device profile name is different from the 7911 otherwise the BAT job will fail

Dearyes good hint, I have

Dear

yes good hint,

I have migrated from 6.1 to 9.1 so the customer will go live with the existing data which has been brought forward from 6.1, when there are no issues with the back restore than only he will delete the old phones and old udp,

so the alternate solution is to add some common name in each UDP for example,          old udp name is abc then new udp name will abc_new,

when i will delete the old udp then i can rename the abc_new to abc i hope it will not effect the settings and the login of the user.

please confirm

thanks

VIP Super Bronze

Yes that's a good plan and it

Yes that's a good plan and it wont affect the user login

Dear,To rename them is it i

Dear,

To rename them is it i can do by bulk, or i have to do one by one.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies