Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Directory Shows **LASTNAME**

Callmanager 5.1(2) with an LDAP integration to Active Directory. Some of our records are showing up with their last name changed to **LASTNAME**. I did a recent Bulk Update for device association, though I'm not sure if this is related. Is this a behavior of LDAP integration when you update the CM local database? Do I have to wait until nightly synchronization to see this correct itself or do we have a bigger problem? Any assistance would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

You may be hitting this very odd Bug;

CSCsh53133 Bug Details

BAT overwrites last names with **LASTNAME**

Symptom:

When using Bulk Administration / Users / Update User function, BAT overwrites last names with **LASTNAME**

Conditions:

The BAT file looks as follows:

USER ID,PASSWORD,MANAGER USER ID,DEPARTMENT,PIN,DEFAULT PROFILE,USER LOCALE,TELEPHONE NUMBER,PRIMARY EXTENSION,ASSOCIATED PC,IPCC EXTENSION,MAIL ID,USER GROUP 1,CONTROLLED PROFILE 1,CONTROLLED DEVICE 1

userid,,,test,,,,,,,,,,Standard CCM End Users,SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX

Workaround:

1. Modify BAT file so it includes 'LAST NAME' field set to '*'. This field should be before the user group, user profile and controlled device fields.

Example:

USER ID,LAST NAME,PASSWORD,MANAGER USER ID,DEPARTMENT,PIN,DEFAULT PROFILE,USER LOCALE,TELEPHONE NUMBER,PRIMARY EXTENSION,ASSOCIATED PC,IPCC EXTENSION,MAIL ID,USER GROUP 1,CONTROLLED PROFILE 1,CONTROLLED DEVICE 1

userid,*,,,test,,,,,,,,,,Standard CCM End Users,SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX

2. When using above BAT file, specify '*' in the 'Value for fields to be ignored' field on the BAT job configuration page.

1st Found-In

5.1(1.1000.3)

Fixed-In

5.1(1.2105.1)

5.1(1.9131.22)

5.1(1.9131.23)

5.1(2.1000.11)

6.0(0.9901.136)

6.0(1.1000.37)

6.1(0.39000.15)

6.1(0.39000.16)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob for the info. Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. Fortunately when I checked the records today they've all returned to normal. Presumably the LDAP integration sync took care of the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: