cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User forgets to logout of Extension Mobility

sjohnston
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe there is a way a user can remotely log out of EM, but I thought I'd check with the community.  The only alternatives I see are having someone at the site log off for the user, or call our help desk to have the logoff completed via sysadmin in CUCM Administration.  I don't see a way to do it in CCM-User or from the user's own phone once he/she returns to his/her own desk.  We are running CUCM 7.1.3.  [We do have a time limit set in Service Parameters, but sometimes we do not want to wait that long.]  Thanks-Steve 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another option to consider is the Multiple Login service parameter. There is an auto-logout option which would automatically remove the UDP from another phone, even if the max login timer hasn't expired, upon the next login elsewhere. If the user returns to their desk they could just login there.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no way to natively log a user out other than purchasing 3rd party applications...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another option to consider is the Multiple Login service parameter. There is an auto-logout option which would automatically remove the UDP from another phone, even if the max login timer hasn't expired, upon the next login elsewhere. If the user returns to their desk they could just login there.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

You could also enfore login timer, i.e. automatically logoff user after X hours, this is global setting which applies to all users.

Chris

sjohnston
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Jonathan; I believe use of the Multiple Login Behavior service parameter will do the trick.

Thanks to everyone who replied for your help...Steve

kuldip1988
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a situation where in I had to log out one user off extension mobility and found a way..I know this is old but might help someone..

Go to Device> phone > Actively logged in device on top drop down (I'm sure you know this)

look up for the phone with your profile logged in either with profile name or directry number.

Once you found the phone the rest is simple.

Goto the phone page scroll down and find Extension information.

Under that you will find log out profile, find your profile and click log out. Few seconds and done.

Kuldip,

Thanks for posting. User traveling between offices logged in with Extension Mobility and trying to get him logged off using call manager. We could never find out how to do it through cucm and came across this post and it solved the issue. Much Thanks!

Thanks Much Kuldip. That's the BEST Answer. To the point.

I hope other people who are eager to post solutions (not sure for the points or something) would follow this way. 

Chao.