Views
Helpful
Replies

user is engaged in another call

laithhattab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Can you please tell me if the following scenario is possible and if possible how can it be done (i am using CCME and CUE):

All dns are configured as dual lines.

User A and User B are having a telephone conversation, is it possible to give a "User is engaged in another call" message or any other message for User C when he tries to call User A.

its like call waiting in cellular systems

Thanks a lot

Laith

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure. What do you want exactly to happen, a message then disconnect, or the possibility of wait on the line ?

Hi bevilacqua

Can you please give me the message and wait on the line.

Thanks a lot

This is a script that I wrote for "wait on the line", the service is actually called camp-on:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/camp-on/

For disconnect, the script would be a 10-lines one that plays the messages and disconnects.

For these you need to configure "huntstop channel" and "call-forward busy" under ephone-dn or ephone-dn-template.

When calling from an ip phone you can also use the 'callback' softkey to be notified when the desired extension is available.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi paolo

Sorry for my late response, please excuse me i am new to Cisco IP Telephony, do i need to install IVR and how? and what about the "param prompt-interval " configuration parameters do i need to configure them on the router or in the script?

Thanks a lot for your help

Hi,

TCL/IVR is embedded in voice IOS, you don't need to install anything.

Changing the script parameters is optional, if you want to change them, configure in the router under application, service camp-on.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: