Views
Helpful
Replies

user not able to join conference calls

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

We have an issue where the user is not able to join a conference call ( meeting ) automatically.  He is only able to join manually.

Can someone kindly let me know what should be the configurations that i should check, to isolate and resolve the issue.

ccm :  6.1.2 , phone model : cisco 7961 g

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

By saying Type, I meant whether it's meet-me conf or ad-hoc conference ?

May be tell us about the process followed during conference & then tell us at which point the issue is faced.

GP.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Shared line has nothing to do with ad-hoc conference. Are you talking about barge feature which is related to Shared line.

regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Abhi,

What type of conference is this ?

Is MeetingPlace Server involved ?

GP.

Hi Gajan,

Can you kindly elaborate on the conference type part....for sure metting place server is not installed.

By saying Type, I meant whether it's meet-me conf or ad-hoc conference ?

May be tell us about the process followed during conference & then tell us at which point the issue is faced.

GP.

Hi

Meet me :- Is like you dial in to one number and others also dial in to one meet me number. this number is Meet me conference number nd you do not call anyone to join. People join it my dialing meet me number. Here meet me key is required which we configured in softkey remplate or buttone template depends on phone model.

ad-Hoc :- You call nother person and press conference key. To the new person will be part of on going call and conference happens.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

let me get an elaborate description and get back to you. Thanks in advance

Hey , just confirmed with the user, its an ad hoc conf.. where the press the shared line ( of the user that has been configured on there phone ). 

Hi,

Shared line has nothing to do with ad-hoc conference. Are you talking about barge feature which is related to Shared line.

regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Yes that is correct. I am talking about the barge feature. I think mentioned wrong problem description as conveyed by user .

HI

there are two type of barges in Cisco CUCM

1) Barge and another is cBarge.

Below is the configuration example for it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

See eatch step, it is easy to set up.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

I dont think it's done right. As I understand, here is what is happenning ? Pls confirm

A calls B & then wants to add C who is configured as a shared line on A's phone. So A calls B, press conference button & then click on Shared Line on A's phone ?

If correct, then thast not how it will work. You need to dial the extension of C.

Let me know if I understood it right.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Gajanan,

Sorry for reverting late, well in addition to this post , there are 5..to 10 new users, who want to barge in on each others (shared ) line on each others phone. So what i did was to put up the c-barge soft key template and also set the bridge option to true/on and privacy to on as well ( i know privacy part doesnt make sense here   ) . But even then the 3 users whenever a call is being made between A and B and the line for user A on user C's phone is pressed (as C wants to barge in ) , only the dialtone comes up.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abhishek,

One thing to note here in your example;

But even then the 3 users whenever a call is being made between A and B and the line for user A on user C's phone is pressed (as C wants to barge in ) , only the dialtone comes up.

User C should actually press Barge or cBarge when the "remote in use" is displayed for user A (not the line button)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks rob.. for the info.. yeah i think these clients need a more personal touch ... let me explain them how to use the barge feature...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: