Views
Helpful
Replies

user still hears ringback while the other end already picked up the phone

cscarindam14
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing problems with audio delay when answering phone calls. Sometimes, when we receive a phone call, even after picking up the phone the other person still hears ringback.

After around 7 sec, the call gets connected. Once the call is connected,

there is no audio delay. It happens only when the bandwidth usage on the WAN

link is high.

Is it a "QOS" issue and if so then how to rectify the issue?

Could someone help me on this.

I am attaching the running config.

1 Reply 1

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Start with defining (and drawing all components) the incoming call flow. Is the call coming into THIS gateway or across the WAN? Where is the CallManager, LAN switches, IP phone that answered the call with respect to the call flow drawing?

What number called what number on your system? This is the determine if we can re-produce the problem and eliminate the intermittent nature of your problem.

After that, we can look at taking sniffer traces to see if QoS markings are getting lost somewhere along the way.

Without knowing the above, your config has a lot of possibilities. Can't look at the dial-peers becasue there are three places that this gateway can receive calls. Don't know what IP Phone number the incoming call was trying to reach, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: