cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

users getting access to PSTN through operator

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

I have customer having Nortel CS1000 and the end users have IP phones with no access to the PSTN. They are currently calling the operator who can provide them access to external lines by single click (as if he is pressing the access code) then the user is free to call any number

Now we want to replace Nortel system with Cisco CUCM 8.6 and i am wondering how to cimulate the same setup. I suggested the customer to have FAC with different kind of Privileges (using partitions and CSS) but he refused and he need to have same type of existing setup

Any one can suggest a way to do that?

regards,

Ibrahim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I already did reply to your follow-up query, check above..

Attendant console is no more a part of CUCM now, it needs to be purchased separately & also needs a separate server hardware than CUCM hardware.

Please rate the post if it helps.

GP.

I think, you are getting an error while adding any post at this forum & then you click on " Add Reply " the second time & perhaps it works for you. That's the reason, there are 2 posts from you everytime you wanted to reply. A fix to it is, once you are done with " Add reply " once, do a refresh page & you will see your reply added to thread.

Hope it helps ?

Remember to rate helpful posts.

GP

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think attendant console should help you achieve it the Nortel Way. Choose between CUEAC, CUBAC or CUDAC, as it suits to your org.

GP.

Hi GP. Thanks for the reply. How to activate the attendant console? Do i need to purchase something extra or it is part of the CUCM structure? In my case it is not possible to suggest new hardware as we are in the implementation phase

regards,

Ibrahim

Attendant console is no more a part of CUCM now, it needs to be purchased separately & also needs a separate server hardware than CUCM hardware.

GP.

Hi GP. Thanks for the reply. How to activate the attendant console? Do i need to purchase something extra or it is part of the CUCM structure? In my case it is not possible to suggest new hardware as we are in the implementation phase

regards,

Ibrahim

Any reply pls

Any reply pls

I already did reply to your follow-up query, check above..

GP.

I think, you are getting an error while adding any post at this forum & then you click on " Add Reply " the second time & perhaps it works for you. That's the reason, there are 2 posts from you everytime you wanted to reply. A fix to it is, once you are done with " Add reply " once, do a refresh page & you will see your reply added to thread.

Hope it helps ?

Remember to rate helpful posts.

GP

Hi GP,

Sorry i did not see the reply before sending. Thanks for the answer. Now we can't order some extra hardware. I am wondering if we can do something similar by using partition and CSS. For example, the end user (having no access to PSTN) will call the operator (normal cisco phone who have full access) then the operator will forward (in certain way) the call back to the user with access code. I do not know how possible is that but i am trying to think of it

regards,

Ibrahim

I cant think of anything than the operator conferencing the calling user ( inside organization ) & the call receiver ( located in PSTN ) & then operator disconnecting from the call once the communication establishes among them.

Would love to hear creative options.

GP.

Since it's like you are using FXO, it's easy to do that, assgin codes to lines or trunkgroup, opeator does a blind transfer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: