Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using a 2610 as voice gateway

I am new to VOIP and CallManager. I am interested in turning my 2610 into a gateway for my network's CM and Unity servers, but I'm not exactly sure what I will need. The 2610 doesn't have slots for PVDMs and since I would like to plug an analog line into it for use in my network, I believe that I will need an FXO card also. Is there anything else I should be aware of? Which IOS feature set should I use?

-Shikamaru

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Using a 2610 as voice gateway

Hi,

I would suggest you do not use the 2610 for voice because beside not having the PVDM, it does not support enough memory for a recent IOS. Better would be a 2610XM, a 1751, 1760, or possibly an ISR.

Hi,

You can use NM-1V with the FXO card. You should use a IOS compatible with these cards.

Plese check that with Feature Navigator tool available on Cisco website.

S?rgio Pinto

The NM-1V cards already has built-in DSP to support this card.

Sergio Pinto

s-pinto, anyone,

Which feature set could I use on my 2610 given this scenario? Someone mentioned to me that I would need spservices, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an IOS with this for 2610.

Also, is there an easy way to find out what each feature set is capable of?

-Shikamarunara

Blue

A 2610 is marginal for most voice, but I do use one for driving a paging system. It has a NM-2V with a 2FXO VIC. The most you could do would be 4 FXO ports.

This router is running IOS c2600-js-mz.122-32.bin with 16MB of flash and 64MB of DRAM. That is Enterprise Plus feature set, but IP Plus should be OK.

Please rate helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies