cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a paging system via FXO Port

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! We have a Cisco 3845 with a VIC2-2FXO card. We also have a paging system installed in the building that was connected to the old Avaya system years ago. The amplifier is a Bogen C-Series and it looks to route through a ControlPath Wheelock zone system.

Many years ago, at the last company I worked for, we had a Valcom box hooked up to the router. The users would pick up their phone, dial a 3-digit speed dial and that extension would trigger the paging system and then they would hang up.

I'm trying to find out more info on how the port would need to be configured in order to accomplish this. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!                

2 Replies 2

Andrew Powell
Level 1
Level 1

James,

Here is a sample config

voice-port 0/1/3

description Overhead Page

!

dial-peer voice 2095 pots

description Overhead Paging to Bogen Amplifier

destination-pattern 2095

port 0/1/3

!

In CUCM you will need to create a route pattern pointing to whatever number you choose for paging. In this example 2095 is the pattern that would need to be created.  You will need to assign it the appropriate Gateway and Route List.

Andrew-

Thank you! I am getting the "tone" but I am not hearing anything throughout the speakers. From your experience, do you think the tone is being provided by Call Manager, the Router or the zone box?

The zone box is connected to the punchdown block via a single pair (1 & 2) and I have these terminated in an RJ-11 connector into the FXO port-

Block --> RJ-11

1             2  

2             3

My cabling may be off so I'm going to try a couple more things. If you think of anything else that may help, let me know.

Thanks again!

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: