Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Using BAT to update speed dials

Callmanager 5.1.3. I want to update the fifth speed dial for a number of phones. As a test, I create a csv file using the bat spreadsheet with MAC, description, and the fifth speed dial fields, and upload the file. When I go to "Update Phones" it doesn't find any phones with that MAC. I noticed that the file type "update phones" requires is "custom file" not "CSV". Is there a difference? What format does the file need to follow? Am I asking too much of BAT?

FYI, I tried several variations for the header, with everything from just MAC and Speed Dial 5 to the following:

DEVICE NAME,DESCRIPTION,DIRECTORY NUMBER 1,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 1,SPEED DIAL LABEL 1,SPEED DIAL LABEL ASCII 1,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 2,SPEED DIAL LABEL 2,SPEED DIAL LABEL ASCII 2,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 3,SPEED DIAL LABEL 3,SPEED DIAL LABEL ASCII 3,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 4,SPEED DIAL LABEL 4,SPEED DIAL LABEL ASCII 4,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 5,SPEED DIAL LABEL 5,SPEED DIAL LABEL ASCII 5

1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: Using BAT to update speed dials

Hi:

Have you gotten around this problem.

I am also trying to update multiple phones speed dial information and unable to do it through BAT file.

Finally I did by changing every single phone manually.

The insert specific phones with over ride option, always inserts additional speed dials instead of updating existing one.

Thanks

Ramesh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content