Views
Helpful
Replies

Using c2811 to CME 8-9?

choywy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I've a couple of c2811 and c3825 running IOS 12.4....Can I use it to run CME 8-9?

I understand CME 8-9 need IOS 15.0. Can I install IOS 15 to this c28xx and c38xx? I thought IOS 15.0 need license key to activate the voice feature...I'm just using it for my CCNA lab practice do I still need to pay $$$$ for IOS license key?

Thanks

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

CME 8.5 is supported in above hardware

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme85spc.htm.html

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, 15.X train is supported on ISR G1 routers (28XX, 38XX).  The UC license is enforced on the G2 platforms (29XX).

Chris

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have valid contract and purchased the CME licenses you are entitled to the upgrade. The 28XX does not enforce the licenses though, so no licenses need to be applied.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

You have to load related IOS and related filed on router to use CME 8.5 in ISR G1. Download IOS , GUI files from cisco.com  and load them on to router.

Regadrs

Ronak Patel

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

CME 8.5 is supported in above hardware

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme85spc.htm.html

Regards

Ronak patel

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, 15.X train is supported on ISR G1 routers (28XX, 38XX).  The UC license is enforced on the G2 platforms (29XX).

Chris

Hi Chris,

Don't quite understand the sentence...Does it mean I can load IOS 15.x into ISR G1 and I don't license key to activate it?

Whereas ISR G2 need to purchase a license key?

Regards

Choy

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have valid contract and purchased the CME licenses you are entitled to the upgrade. The 28XX does not enforce the licenses though, so no licenses need to be applied.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks..

Is there any step-step doc/URL that teaches us how to install CME into a ISR G1 router?

Hi,

You have to load related IOS and related filed on router to use CME 8.5 in ISR G1. Download IOS , GUI files from cisco.com  and load them on to router.

Regadrs

Ronak Patel

Reference the CME Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html

HTH, Please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: