cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using + in coporate directory on CUCM 7.0

David Winther
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have this cm 7.0 installation with AD integration, all the users have + in front of there numbers, when i try to make a transformation pattern that transforms the + to 0 for outside calls it do not work. I have found out that the phone are not sending the + sign so this is why i do not get the match, i am testing with a CIPC. Does anyone have an idea of why the phone are not sending the + sign.?

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the Call Routing and Application Dialing Rules,there is Directory Dialing Rule. I think you can strip the + there.

We just ran into this. It is the firmware on the phone. Check out this Bug CSCsv69814.

Edit: I just noticed that you are using CIPC. That bug is not for the CIPC. The 7940/60 and CIPC seem to automatically strip the + in AD number using the Corporate Directory. However on the upgrade to the 8.4.2 Firmware (during the CM 7.0 upgrade) for the 7941/61/70 . it now tries to dial the +. But the translation rule will not allow adding a + to the rule. So in order to get the + dialing to work you have to downgrade to the 8.1 firmware for those phones.

I had CUCM 7.x out of the box and new phones, and they did not like the - (dash) in the number. If the number was 10-4000, it would reject it in the Directory. CUPC was fine as was Communicator. once we updated the phone firmware, the it dialed fine.