Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Using MCK 6000 PBX extenders with Cisco 2800 router

I am replacing an old 2500 Cisco router with a newer 2811. Currently, I have a single serial T1 in the 2500 for data connected to a CSU/DSU. I am using a MCK 6000 PBX Gateway and MCK 6000 Extender for the voice. I am using the WAN1 port on the MCK connected to a 2nd serial port on the CSU/DSU. The CSU/DSU combines the signals and transports to the remote site via Frac T1, where the same setup reverses the operation.

For operation in the 2811's, I plan to connect the MCK voice extenders via their IP Port and connect them to the F0/1 interface on the 2800. I will be using a WIC 1 DSU V2 in the 2811 to complete the circuit between the main site and remote branch, via the same Frac T1.

The data connection exists on F0/0 of the 2811 at both the main site and remote branch.

This is where I need help. How would I combine the the data and voice connections to traverse the same T1 connection on the WIC?

I certainly appreciate any info or configuration examples MCK & Cisco, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Using MCK 6000 PBX extenders with Cisco 2800 router

Hi lefty,

You basically are terminating the voice ds0s in point-to-pont, and apply compression as desired. As signaling protocol you can use either h.323 or sip, both would work. All the saved BW will be used dinamically for data, and you will need as a minimum, a simple qos in the for of a LLQ on the serial interface.

As next step you can add extension as needed with cisco phones, these can be controlled by the router itself (ccme).

Views
Helpful
Replies