cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Non-Gatekeeper Controlled Intercluster Trunks

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I've joined two clusters together and would like to know if anyone has an answer to a question I have. In a normal call in a single cluster, two phones send the rtp streams to each other until they hang up. If a phone makes an offnet call, the two endpoints are the phone and the gateway that terminates the PRI. I'm having trouble (for whatever reason) finding explicit detail on the call flow of a call involving an non-gatekeeper controlled intercluster trunk. My impression is that the CUCM clusters are involved as endpoints in the rtp stream, and the reason I think that is because I've noticed severe call quality degradation when the CUCM servers are stressed (I'm running the test on vmware, so the effects are pronounced and easy to duplicate.)

Can someone let me know if I'm understanding the call flow correctly?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, RTP is always between endpoints.

An ICT nonGK controlled is just a SW emulation of an H323 GW, only signaling is exchanged

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

java,

How does the call flow work if a software MTP is used?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: