Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

using partition to restrict access to route pattern

Hi,

configuring a route pattern,i read (Help page) "If you want to use a partition to restrict access to the route pattern, choose the desired partition from the drop-down list box".

Than i created 2 route patterns (with the same "address " 0.3[1-9]!#) with different partitions (i.e. A and B) and a different "Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls)" (i.e. 1 and 2); my goal is: if i dial 03xxxxx from a phone configured in partition A the called number should be translate to 13xxxxx; from the partition B 23xxxx. It doesn't work properly: the translation is ALWAYS 23xxxx (the origin partition is indifferent!!!!); i read in the system guide that "When two configured route patterns exactly match the same number of addresses in different partitions, Cisco Unified Communications Manager chooses the route pattern on the basis of the order in which the partitions are listed in the calling search space". this is true: my CSS starts with B and the traslation is always to 23xxxx. that means that i cannot really "use a partition to restrict access to the route pattern". can someone help me in order to understand if is possible to get my wished result??

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: using partition to restrict access to route pattern

It is possible to do it.

Let's do it on example:

you got PT_A and PT_B - partitions assigned to route pattern A and B

CSS_A contains PT_A and PT_B where PT_A is first listed.

CSS_B contains PT_B and PT_A

Now phoneA will have CSS_A and phoneB CSS_B so, in your exmaple phoneA will use first translation from pattern in PT_A and phoneB will use translation from pattern in PT_B

rate if this help

2 REPLIES

It is possible to do it.

Let's do it on example:

you got PT_A and PT_B - partitions assigned to route pattern A and B

CSS_A contains PT_A and PT_B where PT_A is first listed.

CSS_B contains PT_B and PT_A

Now phoneA will have CSS_A and phoneB CSS_B so, in your exmaple phoneA will use first translation from pattern in PT_A and phoneB will use translation from pattern in PT_B

rate if this help

it works fine!

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content