cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Validate digits outpulsed on DID analog trunks

Nathan Spitzer
Level 1
Level 1

Verizon and I are going back and forth about the provisioning of a trunk group. The trunks in question are DID groundstart trunks using wink-start signaling. The trunks are connected to a VIC-4FXS/DID card plugged into a 2811 running 12.4(23) code.

Verizon says they are outpulsing 4 digits but it does not look like that to me.

Of the numbers ported to this group 3 work and 5 do not. As I read the output of "debug voip ccapi" they are only sending me 1 or 2 digits on the non-working numbers.

I have attached the output of "show debug ccapi" for a nonworking call. On this call verizon should have outpulsed 6993.

My questions are:

1) What is the easiest and surest way to verify what digits the carrier is providing me.

2) Is there anything in my config that could cause this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take "debug vpm signal". No other debugs are necessary. Also please configure "service timestamps log datetime msec".

There maybe a need to adjust timing on the port so send the output fo "show voice port" for the relevant one.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take "debug vpm signal". No other debugs are necessary. Also please configure "service timestamps log datetime msec".

There maybe a need to adjust timing on the port so send the output fo "show voice port" for the relevant one.

Thanks for the debug info. That is exactly what I needed. Verizon finally figured out they screwed up and are resolving it as we speak. Thanks for the help and enjoy the 5 points!

Very good, analog DID are not friendly animals. Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: