cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG-248 switchport config

yeskriya007
Level 1
Level 1

I think i have a issue in the switchport configuration of the VG248.

When 'switchport voice vlan 10' is configured, the VG248 will not communicate to the entire network. Instead, when 'switchport access vlan 10' is configured for the same vlan, it will register with the CCM and work fine.

This has started to happen all of a sudden. Initially the switchport was configured for sw-port voice vlan.

Any thoughts?

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure the switchport as "switchport access vlan X" where X is the actaul voice VLAN, VG248 does not pickup the voice vlan command. The configuration of switchport for VG248 should essentially be the same as the voice servers.

HTH

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you please provide me any Cisco documents for the same?

Its interesting that, this setup was working with the switchport voice vlan command

Regards,

Karthik

this link will give good documetations for

Vg

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

good luck

please, if helpful Rate

That link which you gave was informational. Can you help me to locate documents to configure switchport which connects to VG.

No, This is not helping me.

I would like to have a document for the switch side configuration.

hmm u mean not VG side

ok i have configured the VG ethernet interface as access port in vlan 20 for example

and in ur network vlan 20 should be considered voice vlan

so in VG

switchport access vlan 20

on the siwthc side

u can do the same command as u gonna pass only vlan 20 traffic

because even if u make the switchport on the switch side as trunk it will not considered as a trunk because the VG is Access port so make them both access port in the vlan that is considered voice vlan in ur network

hop this helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: