Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

vg202 and faxing using cucm to sip provider

Hi

I have been having a few issues with getting faxing working to sip provider. Setup is as follows..

Fax <> vg202 <> sccp <> cucm 8.6 <> sip <> bt sip service

Basically i had a situation where the vg202 was configured for fax passthrough g.711ulaw and i created a region for g7.11 for vg202 im ccm to sip.

Managed to get outbound faxing working but inbound would not. Speaking to bt i think they support g711alaw and t.38.. I had no luck with t.38 so decided on g.711alaw passthrough and this time inbound faxing was working but outbound failed??!!

Speaking to bt on some of the debugging they say i am still requesting ulaw howevevr vg202 is not configured for this? Maybe the sip trunk is requesting this?

The fax is a brother.. I did look into reducing he baud rate but no option for it.. Any ideas of experiances of this would be appreciated..

Is sccp the way forward here?

Thanks

Matt

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

vg202 and faxing using cucm to sip provider

Matt,

You had no lock with T.38 as protocol based T.38 is not supported with SCCP, you need to either use H323/SIP or MGCP.  SCCP only support NSE based T.38 which is Cisco proprietary and not supported by any carriers. T.38 is the recommended faxing protocol, especially over SIP trunks so my suggestion would to convert the VG202 to either SIP or H323 and implement protocol based T.38. Also, make sure your CUBE configuration matches the T.38 configuration.

HTH,

Chris

Re: vg202 and faxing using cucm to sip provider

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback will test with MGCP first. We have no cube

involved our trunk is direct from ccm to the provider as the provider is

within our mpls cloud..

Matt

On 13 February 2012 22:46, cderen <

Views
Helpful
Replies