Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VG204 Connectivity

Hi

I have an issue where a credit card terminal via a VG204 SCCP won't connect. I keep getting a communication error message. I am able to hook up an analog telephone and dial to where ever I want and i'm able to receive a call as well. I have this working at other sites using the same configuration, is there anything that I can tweak on this particular VG204? What is equally confusing is that the credit card machine will work at this site with an ATA186. The IOS is version 15.1 but I don't think that has any bearing. HELP ANYONE???

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Check the fax/modem relay

Check the fax/modem relay settings in CUCM, and make sure they are off/pass-through.

Credit card machines (and also franking machines) tend to be very picky about their phone lines. They don't like down-speeding when they can't do something like V.34/V.90 speeds (Which is impossible on a VoIP line), so try forcing the machine to run at a slower speed e.g. V.32. (Unfortunately you can't always do this, so you then get stuck and have to install an analogue exchagne line:-(  )

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks Gordon, everything

Thanks Gordon, everything looks good on the CUCM and other VG devices are working fine at other sites. I guess this particular cc machine is extra touchy.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content