Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 Ampphenol port: Male or female?

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I cannot tell from the Cisco doc at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/prod_installation_guide09186a00801d7e56.html

whether the VG224 amphenol port is male or female. I'm trying to order my cable to a patch panel. Can someone please tell me whether the VG224 amp port is male or female?

THANKS!!!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

The Amphenol port is Female so you will need to order a Male RJ21.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

The Amphenol port is Female so you will need to order a Male RJ21.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob! You couldn't have helped more!

Thanks.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Be very careful though. Dont let your vendor buy cheap amphenol cables. I had some data cabler putting in 6 pairs for vg248s. 4 out of the 6 pairs would not connect completely to the vg248. The velcro that snaps in the cable to vg248 would not seat completely, causing either the left side or right side to lift slightly and dropping ports. If you press on the cable connector with all your might, it would be up and the port worked fine.

So we replaced the cables with better connectors and it works fine now.

Cisco doesnt recommend a brand, I cant remember off the top of my head, but make sure they are top quality.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: