Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VG224 - Analog outbound dialing issue

I am running CCM 4

I have several VG224 services connecting my analog phones to the call manager.

One of my phones has a weird issue

Issue - When you pick up the receiver you hear dial tone. As soon as you press a button, it goes to a fast busy signal.

In the same room, there are 2 other vg224 connections. All 3 phones are configured the same (Partition and CSS).

The other two work fine.

I can call from an outside line and it rings fine and can be answered. I can setup call FNA or FA on its ext and it routes properly (Par and CSS are set correctly).

I cannot figure it out. I want to say it's a wiring problem or that port on the VG might be bad.

I already reset the VG and all the other phones on this VG work. There is an open port I can attempt to move it too.

I was wonder if anyone has seen this issue before? If so, am I going in the right direction thinking it's a physical issue.

Should I repunch the lines and if that fails, move it to the other port.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: VG224 - Analog outbound dialing issue

Hi Donald,

It kind of sounds like a bad port if the CSS is the same as the working phones. If you get dial tone and can ring the phone I would think that the wiring is OK. If you are re-punching the line, then try to flip/reverse Tip and Ring just in case the Analog phone you are using is polarity sensitive.

Switching ports is probably the "quick fix" :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

THanks

Thats what I was thinking. I mean I cannot make any more changes to the CCM. We only have 2 partitions and several CSS.

I will try that

Thanks again

Hi D0nprintup,

We already experienced this kind of issue. Sometimes, you have to launch a reset of the MGCP config from the CallManager side. You have to call Reset from GW config page or by resetting GW's endpoints.

I don't know why it happens. Do you experienced this issue again?

Yorick

Greetings

I forgot to update this. I found out what the problem was.

I logged into the CLI of the VG and after a sh run. I noticed there was a werid setting (Static information) for that port. When I removed the port out of call manager and did a show run again, it was still on the VG. I removed the information from the VG. Then I added it back in via the webpage and did a sh run on the gateway to verify it added it correctly. Now it all works.

Next time I know to check the CLI

Thank you for your reply.

Your issue is strange indeed... It is not the first time we experience "strange" problems with a VG224 and/or MGCP.

Sometimes the config on VG/GW is not refreshed correctly, sometimes ports are not registered until the next "no mgcp/mgcp", sometimes they are registered to the wrong node not according to the CUCM group order...

We are looking for changing our signaling protocols to MGCP-->SCCP for VG224 and MGCP-->H323, but when the dialing plan is complex, H323 is a pain in the a..!

Good luck :)

Yorick

Views
Helpful
Replies