Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vg224 and analog phone dial direct to voicemail

Is there a way to get an analog phone to be able to * + extension to go direct to voicemail or any way to do this? Is there a custom feature code we can set up to make this happen?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Vg224 and analog phone dial direct to voicemail

1. Create CTI Route Point with extention "*XXXX"; assuming 4 digit extension. Set this extension to CFA to voicemail pilot.

2. Create a Voicemail Profile with a Voicemail Box Mask of "XXXX". Assign the profile to the *XXXX extension.

I already have that and that works great for the IP Phones but the analog phones that are connected to VG224's are not working. I enabled feature codes on the VG and the prefix is * , so I think trying to do * + ext for direct to voicemail is having problems because of the * prefix for the supplementary services.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi William,

You are most correct that the overlap of using * as your prefix for supplementary services is probably causing this issue. Can you try # for one or the other instead;

Configuring SCCP Controlled Analog (FXS) Ports with Supplementary Features in Cisco IOS Gateways

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html#wp1101486

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content