cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 busy state and redirect

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, Got a VG224 in H323 mode that takes calls directly from callmanager OR via the PSTN through a router configured as CME. Trouble I have is that if a call comes to a port through the PSTN on the gateway and then via dial peers to the VG224 it all works fine BUT if another call comes along whilst the 1st one is still active, we get busy tone but I need to do a call forward busy back out to something else - cant find any suitable command that will achive this - any ideas please?

Many Thanks

7 Replies 7

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Since it's a standalone gateway, I beleive you configured it as a H323 gateway or trunk in CUCM.

You can enable call hunting on busy condition via Service Settings, but you will have to add a second route group (with appropriate translation and members) into the route list currently used to route calls towards VG.

As for the CME, you should add "voice hunt user-busy" and a second dial-peer with the same destination pattern and appropriate target/translation to continue routing on busy disconnect cause received from the VG.

HTH

Boris

You should be able to add a second set of dial-peers on the VG224 translating the number and pointing back CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

I've created a second dial-peer (voip type) that has a preference of 2 that points back to the cucm environment and voice hunt user-busy command on the VG224, the cucm has a cti port that has a call forward all to voicemail but all I get is a busy tone when the second call is made.

Can you post "debug voice dialpeer", does the CSS assigned to the GW have access to the parition of this cti port?  Is sigDigits defined properly?

Chris

The call comes directly into a cme then onwards to a h323 vg224. The call will go out on a port ok but I need to send the 2nd call to cucm

Paul Austin

Field Engineer

Capita IT Services

Ellismuir Way

Tannochside Park

Uddingston

Glasgow

G71 5PW

07769 165019

Paul.austin@capita.co.uk

www.capita-its.co.uk

Part of The Capita Group plc

www.capita.co.uk

Paul,

On the CME can you try adding something like these dial peers

as CAC to the VG & CUCM

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

desc *** PEER TO VG224 ***

pref 1

max-conn 1

destination-pattern 5577

session target ipv4:192.168.1.100

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

desc *** PEER TO CUCM ***

pref 2

destination-pattern 5577

session target ipv4:192.168.1.200

!

!

If DP 1000 already has 1 call it should busied and  I think the DP 2000 will be tried as a PREF 2

Worth a go to test anyway.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex, Still no joy - its quite frustrating as I am sure it should work. Thanks anyhow.