Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 call pickup feature

yatisengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

How to enable call pickup feature with VG224? We have CM5.0 system. I m using mgcp for VG224. Can i enable call pickup with mgcp? Or should i use sccp? And how to enable call pickup with sccp?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Murat,

You would need to use SCCP for these features to work;

Check out Table 1 from this VG224 doc (show SCCP support for Pickup);

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

Local group pickup and external group pickup are supported for Cisco Unified CallManager only if the AutoCallPickupEnabled service parameter is set to True.

Directed call park and directed call pickup are not supported for Cisco Unified CallManager.

Call Pickup Group

Allows incoming calls in a different pickup group than the user to be picked up.

User picks up a ringing extension by dialing the FAC prefix, the group pickup code, and the number of the pickup group. Default prefix and code is **4.

Note The stcapp feature access-code command must be enabled on the Cisco IOS voice gateway.

Call Pickup Local

Allows incoming calls in the same pickup group as the user to be picked up.

User picks up a ringing extension by dialing the FAC prefix and the local pickup code. Default prefix and code is **3.

Note The stcapp feature access-code command must be enabled on the Cisco IOS voice gateway.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html#wp1178205

Hope this helps!

Rob

I got this to work as mentioned above, but question...

Can the default prefix and code be changed from **3 to **11? Or something with more than one digit? I keep getting an error that it is already set up or can only be one digit.

thanks!

Erin

Hi Erin,

I think if you changed Call Forward All first, which is **1 by default this would work. The problem is that you can't have a 1-digit **1 and a two-digit **11 working together.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob! That works perfectly. Here is a snapshot of my config.

stcapp feature access-code

prefix **1

call forward all 3

pickup local 1

Hi Erin,

You are most welcome. Nice work fixing that up so quickly :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: